100 Timber Wedges
For use with door framing, window framing, building constructions and multipurpose.
The wedges can be used around the home for jobs like:
- Door stoppers
- Levelling up your furniture
- Wood wedges for leveling
- TV wall units
- DIY purpose
Builders wedges have been used in the industry for decades, the amount of tasks that can be completed with the help of wooden wedge is amazing.
One of the most common uses of wedges is in window framing. Wedges will help you align and position window frames correctly.
Wood wedges are also used in door framing tasks. These are very helpful as well as easy to use.
There are hundreds of uses for timber wedges. In the construction industries as well as roofing, decking and everywhere else where you need to level your installation.
Jambit Wedges Stockists
We are pleased to advise that JAMBIT WEDGES are now available for purchase at all Sunshine Coast MITRE 10 stores.
If your hardware store doesn’t carry our stock please ask your local store manager to order a few boxes of JAMBIT WEDGES so you can purchase them conveniently from your local trade store.
All You Should Know About Builders Wedges
There are times in building constructions when objects are improperly placed. These objects require adjustments, and this is where builders wedges come in handy. Builders wedges are cut from timber pieces and can come in various shapes and thicknesses. They can also be found placed inside the rough opening of the frames of our doors and windows.
The cutting of the wedges is done by professional woodwork men who have acquired the specials skills required to successfully get the end product. These set of people have had lots of experience in this sector, enabling them to decipher the best kind of timber, the right shape, size, and thickness required. With this knowledge, the job becomes easier for them.
A commonly cut size of wedges is a thin strip of the wood which is called shim. The shim is used for lighter jobs like filling in small gaps between objects and adjusting objects to a certain position in order to provide a better fit. Shims have several applications in different sectors. For instance, shims can be used in automobiles to adjust the space between two parts (e.g. controlling valve clearance by inserting the shim under bucket tappets). They are also frequently seen on electrical circuit boards and are used to protect the CPU during the installation of a heat sink. A mason uses shims to close the gap between smaller bricks and larger bricks. In the carpentry or construction sectors, these thin sized wedges also find a variety of applications.
Uses of Builders wedges
Builders wedges find their uses in numerous corners in a home, hence, the constant availability of the wedges in most homes. Some of the common applications of builders wedges include;
- As load-bearing spacers for wood flooring and decking
- Casings for windows and doors
- Roofing timbers and rafters
- Useful for serrated surfaces
- Squeaky timber stair cases to remove squeaks
- Also has an excellent non-slip performance
- Concrete pouring (peg up the plastic from falling back into trench. Keeps plastic out of the way until the concrete is poured)
How to use wooden wedges
For construction purposes, the most common use of builders wedges is to keep windows and doors firmly in place within their frames while undergoing installation. After placing a door and window in their frame, the wedges are then placed around the frame at a spaced interval and tapped into place gently with a hammer.
Professionals advise people to buy the wedges instead of going through the stress of making their own wedges. The price of the wedges varies depending on the company offering the product and the number of wedges found in the box.
Timber wedges have a wide application around the home, besides construction purposes. In fact, it is one of the multi-purpose materials that always come in handy in a building. Getting a box and keeping it in the store, attic or wherever is a smart idea. Here are some other uses of the wooden wedges around the home;
- Building construction: For decades, builders wedges have been in use for building constructions. From adjusting levels, reducing squeaky noises and holding doors in place, you would never run out of options for the use of these amazing wedges.
- Window frames: Wedges are frequently used to create the right alignment for window frames. Sometimes, when the windows are placed, they cannot stand on their own in their frames, especially during their installation. You will need to hold the windows to their frames with the help of the wedges.
- Door frames: Just like windows, you also need to hold doors to their frames during their installation. This is when you can use the wooden wedge.
- Multi-purposes: Some other constructions around the home like bookcases, TV wall units, cabinets, and furniture can use the help that timber builders wedges offer during their construction.
Why do you need a good quality builders wedges?
- Eco-friendly: Good quality wood is safer for the environment. Where you would have problems like pollution and greenhouse emissions with other materials, wood is sustainable. Getting a good quality wood wedge from a reliable company helps you stay safe. You can also request for wooden wedges used at home if you will be making use of it in the home.
- Time-saving: the time required to find a good timber piece, get the knowledge and cut it up and trim it to form wood wedges can be saved by simply purchasing good quality timber wedges. These wedges are already made, and you can purchase them according to required specification and amount.
- Safety: The risk that can accompany cutting a wooden wedge without professional knowledge is too great to take. Why put your life at risk to display some DIY skills that have a high level of uncertainty? These already made wedges can simply be ordered and put to use, already finely cut. You will be saving time, energy and resources.
- Convenience: Your convenience is paramount. How convenient is placing an order, making payment and receiving exactly what you need? Exactly! You can enjoy this level of convenience when you get your wedges from us.
Need to buy high-quality builders wedges? LDG Designs wedges are open for business. Our focus is on producing high-quality materials. With our constant growth and improvement have come our customer’s trust.
Our goal to share knowledge and develop quality products for the building industry keeps us constantly on our toes, creating magic.
Quality products, competitive rates, and your guaranteed satisfaction are some of the things you stand to gain from us. You can reach out to us today by calling 0417 501742 to make your orders or askany your questions you might have.
We eagerly await your call. Reach out to us today, and we promise to make every part of it worth it.
Contact us today for more information about our products.